Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on September 28, 2017, 02:21:26 pm

Title: frayed
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 28, 2017, 02:21:26 pm
For some reason I can't quite put my finger on, this appeals to me. Anyone else?

Jeremy
Title: Re: frayed
Post by: Jim Pascoe on September 28, 2017, 02:32:27 pm
Afrayed knot.......

But seriously - yes it does appeal to me.  The loop to the left reminds me of a reclining figure.

Jim
Title: Re: frayed
Post by: RSL on September 28, 2017, 03:02:03 pm
It's an interesting grab, Jeremy.
Title: Re: frayed
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 28, 2017, 06:14:16 pm
You must have strange tastes, Jeremy, because I find it quite appealing and emotionally expressive.
The occasional footprints in the snow add to the total effect.

It's a definite candidate for a "bizarre but interesting" thread.

Eric
Title: Re: frayed
Post by: farbschlurf on September 29, 2017, 03:38:18 am
I find it interesting, too --  I know, you haven't asked for that, but for me this picture really is asking for b&w. Just an idea.
Title: Re: frayed
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 29, 2017, 02:14:15 pm
I find it interesting, too --  I know, you haven't asked for that, but for me this picture really is asking for b&w. Just an idea.

I'm always interested in ideas, Stefan, and I try nearly all my shots in b&w at some point. I can't get this one to work, though. The light on the frayed sections, particularly the largest one on the right, just gets lost in monochrome; and I like that light.

Jeremy