Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Alskoj on September 27, 2017, 07:03:55 pm

Title: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: Alskoj on September 27, 2017, 07:03:55 pm
It was a little breezy so the leaves above the water line have some movement.  The sunlit aspens reflecting on the pond caught my eye.  Any suggestions on how I could have approached this a little differently?

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4504/37414282785_89816da45a_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Z1aYM8)NymphLake-1 (https://flic.kr/p/Z1aYM8) by Joseph Alsko (https://www.flickr.com/photos/20yearsusaf/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: RSL on September 27, 2017, 07:50:39 pm
Very nice, Alskoj. The light's close to perfect.
Title: Re: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 27, 2017, 07:57:04 pm
Very nice, Alskoj. The light's close to perfect.
What Russ said. Nice.
Title: Re: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: farbschlurf on September 28, 2017, 04:07:46 am
I would have cut the upmost few pixels, to get a dark edge, other than that, it's perfect. At the size of screen there's no blur from movement visible.
Title: Re: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: Alskoj on September 28, 2017, 06:03:30 am
I would have cut the upmost few pixels, to get a dark edge, other than that, it's perfect. At the size of screen there's no blur from movement visible.
I left the shoreline at the top of the image intact to see if anyone would  comment on it. I have an edit where I cropped it out and I like both versions for different reasons. Good eye!
Title: Re: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: degrub on September 28, 2017, 08:58:58 am
Have you tried flipping it around  so the shore is in the upper right ?
Title: Re: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: Alskoj on September 28, 2017, 11:14:13 am
Have you tried flipping it around  so the shore is in the upper right ?
Is that a thing?  Flipping photos horizontally?  Never thought to do that.
Title: Re: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 28, 2017, 12:35:28 pm
I think it's excellent. Other than the tiny crop at the top, which I think would be beneficial, all I'd have suggested was waiting for the wind to die down.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lily Pads, Nymph Lake, RMNP
Post by: Alskoj on September 28, 2017, 05:16:08 pm
I think it's excellent. Other than the tiny crop at the top, which I think would be beneficial, all I'd have suggested was waiting for the wind to die down.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy.  Actually, I did take it when the wind had died down.  The previous week I could barely stand up the wind was so strong!