Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Alskoj on September 27, 2017, 07:53:02 am

Title: Lake Grasses
Post by: Alskoj on September 27, 2017, 07:53:02 am
I grabbed this while shooting a lake.  Wasn't even expecting it.  There are probably some issues with it, but I shot it "as is".  5 sec exposure shooting into indirect light.  What don't you like about it?
I tried uploading the tiff version but I get a security message when I do.
Title: Re: Lake Grasses
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 27, 2017, 09:09:36 am
Nothing not to like. I'm glad you spotted it.
Title: Re: Lake Grasses
Post by: francois on September 27, 2017, 10:10:33 am
Very nice and should also work well in B&W.
Title: Re: Lake Grasses
Post by: Alskoj on September 27, 2017, 07:05:47 pm
Nothing not to like. I'm glad you spotted it.
Thanks!
Title: Re: Lake Grasses
Post by: Alskoj on September 27, 2017, 07:06:33 pm
Very nice and should also work well in B&W.
Thanks and good idea about approaching this in B&W.
Title: Re: Lake Grasses
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 30, 2017, 01:43:40 pm
Very nice and should also work well in B&W.

I'd be curious to see it in b&w, but I have a sneaking feeling that it won't work. I suspect the green is necessary.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lake Grasses
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 30, 2017, 11:19:33 pm
I prefer the color version.
Title: Re: Lake Grasses
Post by: Alskoj on November 25, 2017, 08:31:39 pm
Some more grasses during a recent shoot.  Same lake.  Very early in the morning and very dead grasses.

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4540/38645099201_bd3e19ecca_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/21SWeBP)Grasses-32917-1-2 (https://flic.kr/p/21SWeBP) by Joseph Alsko (https://www.flickr.com/photos/20yearsusaf/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Lake Grasses
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 25, 2017, 09:19:48 pm
I really like the new one.
I also see two excellent images inside this one:  I feel the left and right halves could each stand by themselves.
Good stuff!

-Eric