Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jswanson on September 26, 2017, 05:54:08 pm

Title: Castle Rock
Post by: Jswanson on September 26, 2017, 05:54:08 pm
Hello,

 This is my second post since joining the site. Been lurking and reading a year or more gaining a wealth of information. Hopefully I am able to contribute some instead of just gain as I have been.

 This is a recent image of mine taken at the land mark called Castle Rock located on Ross Island Antarctica. The vehicle on the right is a Kassbohrer PB100 track vehicle outfitted for Search and Rescue with the radar on top among other things. This was taken around 9pm during dusk, steadily on the rise to 24 hours of sun. This is a focus stacked panorama with bracket exposures on the left to work with the dusk to dark sky.

 Look forward to reading any critiques, questions or other you are willing to post, thank you for looking.

Josh
Title: Re: Castle Rock
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 26, 2017, 07:30:23 pm
Welcome!

A new and rarely seen take on a recently popular subject. Well done!
Title: Re: Castle Rock
Post by: Alskoj on September 26, 2017, 09:57:55 pm
Very unique and beautiful. It works with or without the vehicle. I prefer without.
Title: Re: Castle Rock
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 26, 2017, 10:01:45 pm
Superbly seen and crafted. More, please! :)
Title: Re: Castle Rock
Post by: Jswanson on September 27, 2017, 03:32:26 pm
Welcome!

A new and rarely seen take on a recently popular subject. Well done!

 Thank you for taking the time to comment and that you find it a new and rare take. I am assuming the recent popular subject is the heart of the Milky Way?
Title: Re: Castle Rock
Post by: Jswanson on September 27, 2017, 03:34:16 pm
Very unique and beautiful. It works with or without the vehicle. I prefer without.

 Thank you I am glad to hear you find it unique and beautiful, I will try some crops without the vehicle.
Title: Re: Castle Rock
Post by: Jswanson on September 27, 2017, 03:44:45 pm
Superbly seen and crafted. More, please! :)

  Thank you for the kind words. Here is another angle from the same location.
Title: Re: Castle Rock
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 27, 2017, 05:29:14 pm
I like this one even better, especially the way the arc of stars curves over the rock and vehicle.
Title: Re: Castle Rock
Post by: JNB_Rare on September 28, 2017, 11:06:21 am
I like this one even better, especially the way the arc of stars curves over the rock and vehicle.

+1