Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattBurt on September 25, 2017, 06:02:48 pm

Title: Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Post by: MattBurt on September 25, 2017, 06:02:48 pm
I had to work in Baltimore last week for a conference and didn't shoot a whole lot around the city. This was mostly because I was under the weather and I also don't feel particularly safe alone in that city, especially at night. Since I was in the area anyway I took a day to tour DC with some friends after our conference.
I'm still going through the photos but this one jumped out at me and I'm pretty happy with it. Not my usual kind of subject and I like that.
Thoughts?
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4436/37315794221_aeb1c69989_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/YRtcyr)IMGP3228-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/YRtcyr) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 25, 2017, 06:34:49 pm
A fine shot.
I bet those two have friends or relatives whose names are on the wall.
Title: Re: Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on September 26, 2017, 07:59:02 am
 Well seen and captured Matt!
Title: Re: Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Post by: MattBurt on September 26, 2017, 03:36:04 pm
Thanks!
I think they were helping a group of older vets locate people and making rubbings of the names.
You can see one of those vets in the reflection being wheeled in a wheelchair.