Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: MarkBarbieri on September 25, 2017, 03:26:06 pm

Title: Ink used in warranty repair
Post by: MarkBarbieri on September 25, 2017, 03:26:06 pm
I have a brand new Canon Pro-2000. It gave me errors on start-up. I called Canon and they sent out some Pitney Bowes techs to repair it. They did so, but at the expense of a lot of ink. Most of my ink is now reporting low and the maintenance cartridge is reporting low capacity. Is it reasonable for me to call Canon to ask for a new set of starter inks and a new maintenance cartridge? Am I likely to be successful?
Title: Re: Ink used in warranty repair
Post by: Mark D Segal on September 25, 2017, 03:31:21 pm
In principle I would think they shouldn't be using ink the customer has paid for to make in-warranty repairs. Definitely call them. I have no idea about success, but on the basis of what you say it looks like a reasonable ask.
Title: Re: Ink used in warranty repair
Post by: pikeys on September 25, 2017, 04:04:29 pm
Mark,
I went through the same thing,but in my case I have to drive about 75 miles in the snow-leave the printer there,and them 3 days later drive out,pick it up ,pay $347.00.
This was on a R3000,which takes 9 cartridges,7 of which were almost totally empty-thank God ,I had a set of backup inks.

This is a great hobby ,isn't it?

Mike
Title: Re: Ink used in warranty repair
Post by: MarkBarbieri on September 26, 2017, 06:43:34 pm
I talked to Canon. They were very nice. They said that, while they don't typically replace ink used during a repair, because this was the initial setup of the printer, they made an exception and are sending me a new set of starter inks and a new maintenance cartridge. I'm very pleased with how they've handled this.
Title: Re: Ink used in warranty repair
Post by: Mark D Segal on September 26, 2017, 07:46:01 pm
Excellent. Glad to hear it.
Title: Re: Ink used in warranty repair
Post by: Damon Lynch on September 26, 2017, 10:14:25 pm
Perhaps it's opportune to mention that I recently successfully transported a Pro-1000 from Minnesota to Indiana without needing to drain any ink. Everything was fine. The instructions are clear and easy to follow.

I'm glad I kept the original box and packaging, including the plastic bag it comes in -- that bag is extremely helpful for putting it in the box and taking it out again. I'm not a strong fellow by any means, but I can do that by myself.