Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on September 24, 2017, 01:31:33 pm

Title: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 24, 2017, 01:31:33 pm
Thoughts turning to winter again... Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: David Eckels on September 24, 2017, 01:35:52 pm
You know, I like it, Jeremy. Form, subtle colors. My only nits would be in the form of questions: A little dark? Does the upper left hand corner distract you?
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 24, 2017, 01:37:45 pm
I find it quite appealing, especially as our temperature today is about 32 Celsius.
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: RSL on September 24, 2017, 03:13:38 pm
Lotta blue in there, Jeremy, re Alskoj's shot with blue.
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 24, 2017, 05:59:38 pm
Iceland is beckoning you, Jeremy.
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 25, 2017, 03:28:43 am
You know, I like it, Jeremy. Form, subtle colors. My only nits would be in the form of questions: A little dark? Does the upper left hand corner distract you?

Thanks. Yes, a bit; but I've already cropped a bit off the left and I didn't want to lose any more of the ice formation. Maybe I should cheat with CAF.

Lotta blue in there, Jeremy, re Alskoj's shot with blue.

Touché. I'll have a look at that when I get home.

Iceland is beckoning you, Jeremy.

It's been pulling me for the last 18 months, since I left! Antarctica in February should ease my lust for ice a little.

Jeremy
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 25, 2017, 10:02:46 am
Antarctica in February should ease my lust for ice a little.

Jeremy
I will look forward to your Antarctic images, Jeremy. I feel you really got to understand Iceland on the workshop there.

Eric
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on September 25, 2017, 05:32:44 pm
I will look forward to your Antarctic images, Jeremy. I feel you really got to understand Iceland on the workshop there.

Eric

+1
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 26, 2017, 03:05:15 pm
I will look forward to your Antarctic images, Jeremy. I feel you really got to understand Iceland on the workshop there.
+1

You're very kind, gentlemen. I'll see what I can do!

Here's a version of the shot with a little CAF and a bit less blue.

Jeremy
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 26, 2017, 04:30:06 pm
It works for me.
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: David Eckels on September 26, 2017, 07:46:39 pm
It works for me.
+1
Title: Re: kirkjufellsfoss 2
Post by: Alskoj on September 27, 2017, 07:09:34 pm
Lotta blue in there, Jeremy, re Alskoj's shot with blue.
Sweet!  I was mentioned in a forum!  Also, I was stationed in Iceland for two years.  Amazing place.
I do watch for blue now, and also orange (Rockies).
BTW, nice image.