Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Frodo on September 15, 2017, 07:11:05 pm
-
I recently purchased an Epson P600 for photographic printing.
My wife has a laser printer in her office and I have a HP 6600 multifunction printer in my office.
I currently have two issues:
- I need to buy a new set of inks for the HP (not a major issue in itself)
- I need to use the P600 regularly to avoid clogging.
For high volume black and white printing I use my wife's laser, but I'm thinking about using the P600 as my regular office printer. I don't print much office work, but it saves a walk to my wife's printer.
I know this sounds like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but are any of you are using your 13 or 17 inch printers as regular office printers? In other words to print documents on plain paper?
-
You still better do a nozzle check everyday since you are not using all the channels when you print your documents.
Aaron
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I should have clarified that my documents usually include coloured maps and figures.
Your point about using all nozzles is valid.
-
I use a dedicated Epson 3 in 1 7620 for most office work but in my studio use an Epson 1430 for misc. printing when needed.
We have the refillable carts from Jon Cone (dye) and save almost 275% over the Epson OEM. (7.5 cents per ml refill vs $2.00 ml oem)
Have paid for this printer several times over by refilling and the Cone dyes are as good as the OEM's.