Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: uptownguydenver on September 14, 2017, 10:20:22 pm

Title: Capture Pilot says XF Feature Update #4 is wrong server version
Post by: uptownguydenver on September 14, 2017, 10:20:22 pm
Capture Pilot says XF Feature Update #4 is wrong server version.
I tried Capture Pilot after updating to Feature Update #4 and Capture Pilot says I have the wrong server version.
I will create a trouble case with P1.
Title: Re: Capture Pilot says XF Feature Update #4 is wrong server version
Post by: Doug Peterson on September 14, 2017, 11:58:25 pm
The version of Capture Pilot on the App Store does not currently support Feature Update 4.

It's hard to give/coordinate exact release dates for iOS since the app must be submitted to Apple and await approval. But an update should come in the reasonable future with that compatibility.

We now note this in our blog article about Phase One XF Feature Update 4 (https://digitaltransitions.com/phase-one-xf-feature-update-4/).
Title: Re: Capture Pilot says XF Feature Update #4 is wrong server version
Post by: uptownguydenver on September 15, 2017, 12:15:36 am
Doug thank you for the information. I will keep my eye out for an app update.
Title: Re: Capture Pilot says XF Feature Update #4 is wrong server version
Post by: Doug Peterson on September 15, 2017, 09:25:47 am
Also, since it's about that time of year again... when iOS 11 is released I'd wait to update for at least a couple weeks until it's clear what software (including Capture Pilot) will be compatible out of the gate, what software will need a few weeks, and what software is listed as "compatible" but has specific bugs in this new OS. This advice isn't limited to Capture Pilot, but it seemed on topic and timely for this thread.
Title: Re: Capture Pilot says XF Feature Update #4 is wrong server version
Post by: Doug Peterson on September 19, 2017, 01:51:00 pm
New version of Capture Pilot is up on the App Store and should work with Feature Update 4.
Title: Re: Capture Pilot says XF Feature Update #4 is wrong server version
Post by: uptownguydenver on September 19, 2017, 11:18:46 pm
Good news. Works fine with everything I have tried so far. iOS 11.