Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on August 30, 2017, 03:26:48 am

Title: House I grew up in
Post by: BobDavid on August 30, 2017, 03:26:48 am
Last month, I tried selling my gently used Kodak Ektagraphic slide projector and aged Da-Lite screen. This is one of a series of photos I posted on Craigslist, Tampa Bay area. ... Not a nibble. I couldn't even give it away.

The slide was taken in 1986. It's of the house I spent my teenage years. 

*Correction: Copyright 2017, not 2010.

Title: Re: House I grew up in
Post by: Otto Phocus on August 30, 2017, 06:13:45 am
I have often wanted to travel to all the places I lived and take photographs of my old homes.

Good luck in getting rid of your old stuff.  Have you tried donating them?  While one of the organizations I volunteer with does not use slide projectors we do use those type of portable screens and we can't be the only ones still using those screens.
Title: Re: House I grew up in
Post by: BobDavid on August 30, 2017, 05:44:05 pm
I decided to keep the projector. I donated the screen to Goodwill. I've got a ton of slides, so maybe I'll put on a few slideshows.
Title: Re: House I grew up in
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 30, 2017, 08:53:43 pm
If your Ektagraphic breaks, I still have a plain old Carousel (plus too many trays and many too many slides).

It's good to have a photo of your youthful home. The first house I lived in became a parking lot for a college, the next is still there in New Hampshire, but my family was only there for one year. The third, in Medford MA, was taken after ten years to build an interstate highway.