Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PeterAit on August 26, 2017, 04:56:03 pm

Title: Kodachrome State Park, Utah
Post by: PeterAit on August 26, 2017, 04:56:03 pm
It may seem odd to convert a photo of Kodachrome park to B&W, but this one seems to work very well. D600 with Nikkor 70-200mm f/4.
Title: Re: Kodachrome State Park, Utah
Post by: BobDavid on August 26, 2017, 11:23:19 pm
Kodachrome? Where's the color?
Title: Re: Kodachrome State Park, Utah
Post by: PeterAit on August 27, 2017, 08:47:09 am
Kodachrome? Where's the color?

LOL! I did note the irony of making a B&W print of a park with that name!
Title: Re: Kodachrome State Park, Utah
Post by: farbschlurf on August 27, 2017, 10:05:44 am
LOL! I did note the irony of making a B&W print of a park with that name!
As I never heard of this park I though of a scanned+converted slide in first place. Wikipedia enlightened me, now.

Very impressive picture, looks good in B&W!
Title: Re: Kodachrome State Park, Utah
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 27, 2017, 04:29:33 pm
Peter,

I'm looking forward to seeing your color photos of Tri-X State Park (in any state that might have one).   ;)

Eric
Title: Re: Kodachrome State Park, Utah
Post by: BobDavid on August 27, 2017, 05:27:19 pm
Peter,

I'm looking forward to seeing your color photos of Tri-X State Park (in any state that might have one).   ;)

Eric

Good one, Eric.
Title: Re: Kodachrome State Park, Utah
Post by: RSL on August 27, 2017, 07:53:59 pm
Peter,

I'm looking forward to seeing your color photos of Tri-X State Park (in any state that might have one).   ;)

Eric

 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Kodachrome State Park, Utah
Post by: francois on August 28, 2017, 05:28:08 am
It may seem odd to convert a photo of Kodachrome park to B&W, but this one seems to work very well. D600 with Nikkor 70-200mm f/4.

The park is indeed very rich in spectacular rock formations and it's easy to forget about the shapes and textures so for me, it's not that bizarre to try B&W.