Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Ryan Mack on August 26, 2017, 04:26:25 pm

Title: Roll paper on Pro4000
Post by: Ryan Mack on August 26, 2017, 04:26:25 pm
Finally got around to trying to load a roll of Hahnemuhle Photo Gloss Baryta 320gsm into my Pro-4000. It's driving me nuts. I suspect part of the problem (but probably not the entire problem) is that the paper isn't attached to the core, so the automatic loading feed and paper tensioning cant possibly work. Combined with the papers stiffness seeming to catch the leading edge on ever internal seam the printer has to offer and it's just not working. I'm guessing I need to unroll he spool enough to tape the end to the core and then respool it but I'm worried about all the manhandling damaging the finish. Any tips?

I've tried setting the paper retention setting to release and loading it manually but it just gets stuck in a loop of having me position the paper and rewind it.
Title: Re: Roll paper on Pro4000
Post by: Ryan Mack on August 26, 2017, 06:34:36 pm
Well I decided to try powering off the printer while it was stuck in its try-loading-again loop and it came back on and fed the paper just fine. I wonder if it's a defect. Will discuss with the canon service guy when he's here next.
Title: Re: Roll paper on Pro4000
Post by: gdi on August 28, 2017, 08:15:24 pm
I have the same problem with an old roll of Elegance Velvet - it is loose on the roll and I get a message when trying to load it.  I had to help it when initially loading as it tried to adjust by taking up to the roll.  But I did get it loaded last night and it was fine.