Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on August 23, 2017, 02:55:25 pm

Title: Florida Back Roads 6
Post by: RSL on August 23, 2017, 02:55:25 pm
At the bend in the road.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads 6
Post by: Farmer on August 23, 2017, 06:59:17 pm
What's not to like here, Russ?

It's all about contrast in so many senses of the word, but it also flows in multiple ways, too.  Another lesson in composition.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads 6
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 23, 2017, 11:48:58 pm
Another good one.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads 6
Post by: francois on August 24, 2017, 07:42:23 am
Well seen…
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads 6
Post by: farbschlurf on August 24, 2017, 08:17:51 am
Another lesson in composition.
Indeed.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads 6
Post by: RSL on August 24, 2017, 09:25:15 am
Thanks all. I shot this more than a month ago on July 7th, and every time I'd roll through my recent pictures with Bridge's Filmstrip, I'd stop. It was grabbing me, but it wasn't something I wanted to post — until it struck me that what was grabbing me was the graphics, and that B&W would emphasize the graphics without the distraction of color. It's hard for me to believe I've become this disconnected from graphic impact after all those years shooting B&W on the street, where graphic impact was primary. I love digital, but Rob, that's one valid strike on its downside.