Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: graeme on August 23, 2017, 05:13:30 am

Title: Outside at Brimham Rocks
Post by: graeme on August 23, 2017, 05:13:30 am
I finally got around to doing something with these shots from a couple of years ago.

Comments welcome as always.
Title: Re: Outside at Brimham Rocks
Post by: farbschlurf on August 23, 2017, 11:07:08 am
I still like the processing you seem to use a lot. It's uncommon, but nice.

(The little "problem" I have is, I see a face, hair and arm in your first picture, and ever since cannot see the actual rock any more ... brain tricks me ...)
Title: Re: Outside at Brimham Rocks
Post by: francois on August 23, 2017, 01:44:05 pm
Great shots… both. These rocks let me imagine plenty of non rock-related images and that's good!
Title: Re: Outside at Brimham Rocks
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 24, 2017, 12:04:44 am
More in this great series, Graeme.
Title: Re: Outside at Brimham Rocks
Post by: graeme on August 24, 2017, 07:41:49 pm
Thanks for the comments.

Re the processing: Maybe I need to back off a little bit, I don't like 'processing' to be too obvious. Oh well it's all fun to play around with.
Title: Re: Outside at Brimham Rocks
Post by: Telecaster on August 25, 2017, 03:02:29 pm
Tonally the photos have an "old lens" look IMO. I like it.

-Dave-