Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: traderjay on August 18, 2017, 11:10:11 pm

Title: Don't throw away your "empty" EPSON cartridges, sell them for a profit instead
Post by: traderjay on August 18, 2017, 11:10:11 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84u_8hAFzU

Instead of throwing them away, list it on ebay and other folks can harvest the leftover ink for their smaller cartridges.
Title: Re: Don't throw away your "empty" EPSON cartridges, sell them for a profit instead
Post by: Jeff-Grant on August 18, 2017, 11:28:36 pm
I always harvest the chips too. On the 3880, and I assume other printers,  aftermarket cartridges require an original chip. I have given a few away, and was also lucky enough to be given a few when I started printing Piezo.
Title: Re: Don't throw away your "empty" EPSON cartridges, sell them for a profit instead
Post by: dgberg on August 19, 2017, 07:58:16 am
It is actually painful to watch this guy tear into a cart, just not necessary.
All that is needed is a syringe and you pull out 60ml at a time to insert in your refillables. Then you leave the cart intact, much cleaner.
No need to store the unused portion. You also can keep track of the ink date at the same time.
Have been doing this with K3 inks for 5 years for my 9900,9890 and 3880 and have over 10,000 ml on hand.
The main reason I had my 9900 repaired with a new head. Wanted to stay K3.
Title: Re: Don't throw away your "empty" EPSON cartridges, sell them for a profit instead
Post by: Ken Doo on August 19, 2017, 12:16:12 pm
www.tastarsupply.com has a rebate program for empty cartridges, which gives further discounts on your next ink cartridge purchases.

I recall Jon Cone was also looking for empty cartridges too, and I'm not sure if he is still actively seeking cartridges. It is well worth supporting his B&W piezography printing efforts in the industry.  www.inkjetmall.com

Ken
Title: Re: Don't throw away your "empty" EPSON cartridges, sell them for a profit instead
Post by: dgberg on August 19, 2017, 01:18:24 pm
Another reason to drain them and not tear them apart.
Then pass them on to Cone's good cause.
Title: Re: Don't throw away your "empty" EPSON cartridges, sell them for a profit instead
Post by: traderjay on August 21, 2017, 12:54:27 pm
It is actually painful to watch this guy tear into a cart, just not necessary.
All that is needed is a syringe and you pull out 60ml at a time to insert in your refillables. Then you leave the cart intact, much cleaner.
No need to store the unused portion. You also can keep track of the ink date at the same time.
Have been doing this with K3 inks for 5 years for my 9900,9890 and 3880 and have over 10,000 ml on hand.
The main reason I had my 9900 repaired with a new head. Wanted to stay K3.

I think he tears it apart to make a point for the youtube video. Either way, this is a completely unacceptable practice from Epson and they should receive all the flak possible for such deceiving practice.
Title: Re: Don't throw away your "empty" EPSON cartridges, sell them for a profit instead
Post by: Farmer on August 21, 2017, 06:53:20 pm
blah blah blah

Title: Re: Don't throw away your "empty" EPSON cartridges, sell them for a profit instead
Post by: BobShaw on August 21, 2017, 09:03:11 pm
I sold a set of empty 3880 cartridges on eBay. They were just filling up the drawer. The first guy bought it and then complained about the (visible) postage and wanted me to take the carts apart and just send him the chips. When I said no he gave me negative feedback with out even paying. It took quite a while to get it resolved. I sold them again but just saying their is some low life out there that would be interested in second hand printer cartridges. Put the price and the postage and the conditions clearly on the ad.