Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on August 17, 2017, 10:41:14 pm

Title: Arjuna and Rama
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 17, 2017, 10:41:14 pm
Arjuna and Rama. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2017/08/17/arjuna-and-rama/)

Title: Re: Arjuna and Rama
Post by: farbschlurf on August 19, 2017, 03:53:22 am
I pity nobody commented here.
Great enviromental portraits. I wonder whether you know these men? They seem to feel pretty comfortable in front of the camera, neither shy nor posing. I like the mood.
Title: Re: Arjuna and Rama
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 19, 2017, 09:25:42 am
They are fine images
Rajan does people in the same sensitive way he does landscapes.
Beautiful!
Title: Re: Arjuna and Rama
Post by: RSL on August 19, 2017, 10:09:39 am
+1
Title: Re: Arjuna and Rama
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 19, 2017, 11:18:57 am
I pity nobody commented here.
Great enviromental portraits. I wonder whether you know these men? They seem to feel pretty comfortable in front of the camera, neither shy nor posing. I like the mood.

Thank you, Stefan, Eric and Russ.

Stefan - to your question, no, I did not know these men. But this is rural Goa, I'm a fellow Goan and speak the language. So it is easy to strike up a conversation, show interest in their lives, and make them feel comfortable.


Title: Re: Arjuna and Rama
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 19, 2017, 12:18:00 pm
So, Rajan, you are fluent in English, Icelandic, the language of Goa, and probably more languages of India. Any others?  ;)
Title: Re: Arjuna and Rama
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 19, 2017, 02:08:54 pm
So, Rajan, you are fluent in English, Icelandic, the language of Goa, and probably more languages of India. Any others?  ;)

Eric,

I am far from fluent in Icelandic. I give myself an A- for reading Icelandic words, a B in pronunciation. When two Icelanders are engaged in conversation, I can latch on to certain key words, interpolate, and get the general drift of what they are talking about.