Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Swellpix on August 17, 2017, 06:12:19 pm

Title: Alone With Her
Post by: Swellpix on August 17, 2017, 06:12:19 pm
Taken 03/30/13 near the Salton Sea, on the second anniversary of my sister's death.
50mm f1.4, @ 13 seconds, ISO 250.




(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170817/f105d4d5243c7ca07af70d0fd3b720e6.jpg)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Alone With Her
Post by: MattBurt on August 17, 2017, 06:51:35 pm
I like it. The light painting is just right and not blown out. The reflection adds some depth.
 
If it were mine I'd get rid of the partial tree on the left which is a little distracting to me. Nice work!
Title: Re: Alone With Her
Post by: Swellpix on August 17, 2017, 06:59:42 pm
I like it. The light painting is just right and not blown out. The reflection adds some depth.
 
If it were mine I'd get rid of the partial tree on the left which is a little distracting to me. Nice work!
I agree about the tree.
Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Alone With Her
Post by: brandtb on August 17, 2017, 09:04:01 pm
Nice. Second that on removing the tree on left
Title: Re: Alone With Her
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 17, 2017, 11:43:38 pm
Beautiful.
Title: Re: Alone With Her
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 18, 2017, 03:25:14 am
Beautiful. I agree with removing the twigs, and I'd be tempted to delete the horizontal streak of light, too; but that's nitpicking.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Alone With Her
Post by: RSL on August 18, 2017, 07:15:20 am
+1
Title: Re: Alone With Her
Post by: Swellpix on August 18, 2017, 07:21:01 am
You might be on to something there, I'll try that, and see how it looks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk