Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Swellpix on August 16, 2017, 03:44:49 pm
-
I've had a hdd failure. Has anybody out there replaced the drive themselves? Canon wants a thousand bucks, and service techs wants $365.00/hr. The part is $150. I've scoured the internet hoping to find at least one disgruntled X - Canon employee that will share some of the top secret documentation, or even just a schematic better than what the service manual shows.
- Much thanks!(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/34547e6cd1626c33ff05f14e65a82792.jpg)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
-
I've had a hdd failure. Has anybody out there replaced the drive themselves? Canon wants a thousand bucks, and service techs wants $365.00/hr. The part is $150. I've scoured the internet hoping to find at least one disgruntled X - Canon employee that will share some of the top secret documentation, or even just a schematic better than what the service manual shows.
- Much thanks!(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/34547e6cd1626c33ff05f14e65a82792.jpg)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
iPF-series uses a standard S-ATA disk 80GB or 160GB depending on model. When you have an old working laptop disk 2.5" you can try. Make sure you don't need the stored information any more as I guess the printer will completely wipe the disk.
I have a iPF8300 service manual and there it shows the printer should give a Hard disk error and then press ok to format the disk.
Hope this solves your problem can't try myself for now as I first need a replacement multisensor but lacking the money.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
-
Where is the hard drive located physically in the machine?
-
Where is the hard drive located physically in the machine?
I have no access to a iPF6300. But as far as I'm aware the 6300 is the smaller sister of the 8300. I'll post a link to the service manual of the iPF8300 see if it looks the same on your side.
https://canonipf.wikispaces.com/file/view/ipf8300%2BService%2BManual.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj8sNvC4ebVAhXLh7QKHdp3DLEQFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNEWTKVU_0PjGyu0RJE08ul3CqzYVw
This one is good I checked it on my 8300.
I Can only find service manuals for the 6300 tgat you have to pay for but I can't verify their quality and validity.
Hope this helps you out.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
-
Your effort to help is appreciated. Unfortunately, I've been through that manual from stem to stern, and still am unable to definitively locate the hard drive.
-
Your effort to help is appreciated. Unfortunately, I've been through that manual from stem to stern, and still am unable to definitively locate the hard drive.
Sorry forgot link to 8300 parts manual.
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/237888853/IPF8300-Parts-Catalog&ved=0ahUKEwjujOPh1efVAhWOL1AKHR_xAWsQFggjMAE&usg=AFQjCNFdw-z-CjIQ80D8TJ8POlDqhuxgBw
Hope this helps as it has complete exploded views
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
-
Sorry forgot link to 8300 parts manual.
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/237888853/IPF8300-Parts-Catalog&ved=0ahUKEwjujOPh1efVAhWOL1AKHR_xAWsQFggjMAE&usg=AFQjCNFdw-z-CjIQ80D8TJ8POlDqhuxgBw
Hope this helps as it has complete exploded views
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Thank you.
-
Hello Swellpix.
Having a 6300 myself I was interested in finding the service manual, which I did on what appears to be a Russian porn site. ::)
I've uploaded the service manual to dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqbvxnwriwmdsmd/ipf6350_6300_6300S_6200_6100_600S_605-series_ipf605-sm.pdf?dl=0
And the parts catalogue as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9a9vvpmyomb791/ipf6350_6300_6300S_6200_6100_600S_605-series_ipf605-pc.pdf?dl=0
I think the HDD location you want is on page 2-64
I've scanned the pdfs for malware twice and will leave them there for a day or so before deleting.
David
-
COOL!
-
Hello Swellpix.
Having a 6300 myself I was interested in finding the service manual, which I did on what appears to be a Russian porn site. ::)
I've uploaded the service manual to dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqbvxnwriwmdsmd/ipf6350_6300_6300S_6200_6100_600S_605-series_ipf605-sm.pdf?dl=0
And the parts catalogue as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9a9vvpmyomb791/ipf6350_6300_6300S_6200_6100_600S_605-series_ipf605-pc.pdf?dl=0
I think the HDD location you want is on page 2-64
I've scanned the pdfs for malware twice and will leave them there for a day or so before deleting.
David
Thank you David!
-
Hello Swellpix.
Having a 6300 myself I was interested in finding the service manual, which I did on what appears to be a Russian porn site. ::)
I've uploaded the service manual to dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqbvxnwriwmdsmd/ipf6350_6300_6300S_6200_6100_600S_605-series_ipf605-sm.pdf?dl=0
And the parts catalogue as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9a9vvpmyomb791/ipf6350_6300_6300S_6200_6100_600S_605-series_ipf605-pc.pdf?dl=0
I think the HDD location you want is on page 2-64
I've scanned the pdfs for malware twice and will leave them there for a day or so before deleting.
David
Got it.
Greatful to you, sir!