Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: graeme on August 14, 2017, 06:44:17 pm

Title: Speke Hall
Post by: graeme on August 14, 2017, 06:44:17 pm
Speke Hall, Liverpool, UK. The Lord & Lady of the House?
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 15, 2017, 03:47:32 am
Speke Hall, Liverpool, UK. The Lord & Lady of the House?

Could be. I often feel the desire to wear armour when I go to Liverpool.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: JNB_Rare on August 15, 2017, 09:02:56 am
Both very nice indeed! I have to say that I often find such environments challenging to shoot in – too many other people milling about, room access restricted to the doorway, anxious custodians.
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: luxborealis on August 15, 2017, 11:54:08 am
Could be. I often feel the desire to wear armour when I go to Liverpool.

Jeremy

 ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: graeme on August 15, 2017, 10:17:22 pm
Could be. I often feel the desire to wear armour when I go to Liverpool.

Jeremy

Very advisable for a lad from Manchester. ;D

We have a Sunderland / Newcastle thing where I'm from.
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: graeme on August 16, 2017, 06:36:59 am
Both very nice indeed! I have to say that I often find such environments challenging to shoot in – too many other people milling about, room access restricted to the doorway, anxious custodians.

Thank you.

You can add very low light levels to the list of problems: they keep these interiors dim in order to preserve the furnishings, artworks etc. ( And I don't have steady hands ).
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 16, 2017, 08:58:02 am
Just yesterday I saw two blokes dressed in armour doing a sketch of our local pub. I thought, "looks like the knights are drawing inn"

I'll get my coat.
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: RSL on August 16, 2017, 09:12:33 am
Just yesterday I saw two blokes dressed in armour doing a sketch of our local pub. I thought, "looks like the knights are drawing inn"

I'll get my coat.

 :D :D And like graeme, you were there.
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 16, 2017, 02:21:21 pm
Just yesterday I saw two blokes dressed in armour doing a sketch of our local pub. I thought, "looks like the knights are drawing inn"

I'll get my coat.

Ugh!

My mother-in-law said she wanted to be cremated. I said, "Get your coat."

Jeremy
Title: Re: Speke Hall
Post by: graeme on August 16, 2017, 09:19:04 pm
Just yesterday I saw two blokes dressed in armour doing a sketch of our local pub. I thought, "looks like the knights are drawing inn"

I'll get my coat.

Stop goofing around Bill. This is a serious business y'know. :o