Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Frodo on August 13, 2017, 11:42:37 pm
-
I do not seem to be able to specify "neutral" and "dark" in printer color adjustment.
Running an Epson P600 through Lightroom 6 on Windows 10 in advanced and black and white mode.
In the Print Module under Page Setup under Mode, I specify "Neutral".
I then go to the Advanced tab and see the Color toning is set to "Neutral". Great.
However, Tone is set at the default of "Darker".
When I change Tone to "Dark", the Color toning reverts to "Current settings".
I've tried saving settings as a new preset, but can find no way of specifying "Neutral" together with "Dark".
There may be a simple fix for this.
Thanks, Bob
-
This is normal behaviour for the driver.
The Mode specifies both the colour toning and the gamma, if you change either in the Advanced tab then the Mode changes to "Current settings" or "Fine Adjustment" which is essentially Epson language for custom user settings. You can adjust the toning (colour) to taste with the colour wheel and the gamma (contrast) using the "Tone" dropdown. You can specify one of the canned profiles to start with like Neutral or Warm and then change the "Tone" dropdown afterwards. As long as the cross on the colour wheel is centred, with vertical and horizontal values at 0, the print with come out with the same colouration as if set to Neutral.
Mike
-
Thanks Mike.
This has clarified the situation and solved my "problem".
Bob