Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on August 13, 2017, 02:11:33 pm

Title: patterns in the sand
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 13, 2017, 02:11:33 pm
Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: patterns in the sand
Post by: luxborealis on August 13, 2017, 02:22:02 pm
Interesting patterns and good tonal range, but I get the feeling something's missing. I recognize there isn't anything for the eye to "rest" on, but still find my eye aimlessly wandering.
Title: Re: patterns in the sand
Post by: mistymornings99 on August 14, 2017, 04:51:04 am
Very nice lighting, but I don't this quite comes together as a coherent composition - perhaps because my eye is taken both left and right towards bright areas. Also, the foreground seems a bit soft.
Title: Re: patterns in the sand
Post by: francois on August 14, 2017, 05:33:30 am
I echo previous comments: nice but my eyes are everywhere. They roam the frame and never seem to find something to settle on.
Title: Re: patterns in the sand
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 14, 2017, 08:01:58 am
Jeremy,
Come to Boston in November through February some year and I'll take you to Plum Island at low tide, where you will find a treasure trove of sand patterns.
Unfortunately, in August there are too many people trampling them.

Eric
Title: Re: patterns in the sand
Post by: farbschlurf on August 14, 2017, 01:09:32 pm
Interesting study. For me the lack of an "eye-catcher" isn't much of a problem, I like to have my eyes wandering. What does somewhat distracts me, though, is the less sharp lower part of the picture. If there's nothing my attention gets directed to, I do want to see each and every area equally good/ sharp, to really be able to see it all. Sorry, my English is coming to it's limitations here, really, I hope my idea is comprehensible, still?