Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: NackJich on August 11, 2017, 04:28:55 pm

Title: HP professional pantone emulation Z3200ps
Post by: NackJich on August 11, 2017, 04:28:55 pm
HP Professional PANTONE Emulation is available only when printing a PostScript or PDF job. [Copied from help file] but I can select it in my driver when not printing Tiffs. It's a postscript printer (Z3200ps) What am I missing here and will it matter if it's selected for the wrong media? Thanks!
Title: Re: HP professional pantone emulation Z3200ps
Post by: Mark Lindquist on August 11, 2017, 09:21:22 pm

Hey Nackjick- long time no see.  I wish I could help you in this area but I just don't use it and sad to say have no experience with the Pantone features.  Perhaps Ernst would know.
Glad to see you're still printing with your Z!

Mark
Title: Re: HP professional pantone emulation Z3200ps
Post by: NackJich on August 12, 2017, 06:18:27 am
Thanks Mark. I still check in occasionally to read the posts, but it's proven to be a great buy. I only wish I had the time to use it more!!
Title: Re: HP professional pantone emulation Z3200ps
Post by: Czornyj on August 12, 2017, 07:16:51 am
In PS/PDF file you can define PANTONE colors for vector objects, like logo etc. The emulation in the printer will recognise such objects and match color better than in case of standard ICC profile conversion. It won't matter if it's on or off for any other content.
Title: Re: HP professional pantone emulation Z3200ps
Post by: NackJich on August 14, 2017, 09:21:50 am
Thanks Czornyj .. very useful information.