Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: farbschlurf on August 11, 2017, 02:45:35 am

Title: The "Teufelsmauer"
Post by: farbschlurf on August 11, 2017, 02:45:35 am
From a trip in July. Any thoughts? It was the last shot there, almost a bit too dark/ low contrast ...

Off for the weekend for landscape photography and hiking now.
 ;D

Title: Re: The "Teufelsmauer"
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 11, 2017, 04:15:52 am
Blue and yellow work very well. I would like perhaps to see a bit more of the ground. I would also lift the house a bit in post: the track directs us towards the house, but then it is barely discernible.
Title: Re: The "Teufelsmauer"
Post by: francois on August 11, 2017, 04:30:28 am
Blue and yellow work very well. I would like perhaps to see a bit more of the ground. I would also lift the house a bit in post: the track directs us towards the house, but then it is barely discernible.

My thought exactly!
Title: Re: The "Teufelsmauer"
Post by: thierrylegros396 on August 11, 2017, 11:55:04 am
That's a very nice photo.

But you have 3 subjects: Sky, Traces, and Rocks.

For me the sky is the most interresting subject.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: The "Teufelsmauer"
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 11, 2017, 12:01:34 pm
My thought exactly!
Mine too.
Title: Re: The "Teufelsmauer"
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 11, 2017, 12:58:14 pm
Blue and yellow work very well. I would like perhaps to see a bit more of the ground. I would also lift the house a bit in post: the track directs us towards the house, but then it is barely discernible.

Yes, good colours.

You could also de-emphasize the tracks and house by moving left. That would leave the sky, rock and crop which alone might be worthwhile.
Title: Re: The "Teufelsmauer"
Post by: farbschlurf on August 14, 2017, 02:54:49 am
Thanks for the comments, I can understand, what you mean - very valuable for me, indeed!

After I took the shot I also was a bit sad I didn't think of walking a few steps right into the field to be able to get more foreground. For some reason I just didn't get that idea ...

thanks again!