Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 10, 2017, 10:53:36 pm
-
From a recent water ski show. What I like about this picture is not just the action moment, but all those water droplets nicely backlit, and the lovely late afternoon light in the background.
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4376/36435412405_2b8b936353_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/XvF1HB)
The Flip (https://flic.kr/p/XvF1HB) by Slobodan Blagojevic (https://www.flickr.com/photos/slobodan_blagojevic/), on Flickr
-
"OK, guys, just hold that pose while I focus..."
Neat shot, Slobodan.
-
I guess this proves they are not really in sync, but very close. But like Eric said, those water drops are very cooperative to freeze like that so you can take a nice shot.
Excellent capture.
JR
-
Well caught - and I agree about the lighting. Could I gently suggest that toning down the really vivid green line of grass just a little would be an improvement?
Jeremy
-
Great stuff, Slobodan. And I'll bet you weren't in burst mode.
-
9.5 for the photo.
8.5 for the flip. :)
-
Nice catch! Agreed on the backlit drops.
I haven't ever tried to shoot water skiing seriously but have shot a bunch of pond skimming which is briefly the same, I imagine.