Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: luxborealis on August 10, 2017, 12:39:02 pm

Title: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: luxborealis on August 10, 2017, 12:39:02 pm
...
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: JNB_Rare on August 10, 2017, 01:53:04 pm
Lovely and tranquil.
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 10, 2017, 03:54:43 pm
Excellent shot Terry.

Really excellent.

Dave
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: Farmer on August 10, 2017, 06:41:17 pm
Lovely and tranquil.

+1

Although I also keep looking at the rocks and seeing a crocodile, kind of the antithesis of tranquillity but oddly it still works for me (but it's nicer when I don't "see" the croc).
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 10, 2017, 08:21:51 pm
Lovely and tranquil.
+2.
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 10, 2017, 08:44:51 pm
+3
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: John R on August 10, 2017, 09:01:11 pm
I'm trying to decide whether your prehistoric tortoise would look better with his head above water...hmm. Other than that I like the subtle natural look.

JR
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: RSL on August 11, 2017, 09:57:15 am
That's the way it struck me too, John. I guess I'm just used to seeing gators in what's not too far from that pose.
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: stamper on August 11, 2017, 10:22:25 am
A very fine image.
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: MattBurt on August 11, 2017, 12:08:01 pm
Love the color and the rocks make me think of Nessie. Nessie just taking a peaceful little nap.  8)
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: luxborealis on August 11, 2017, 11:54:09 pm
Many thanks. It's interesting how successful and more subtle photograph can be. Perhaps we've been over-stimulated by the dramatic.
Title: Re: Prominence, Lake Superior, 2017
Post by: Bob_B on August 12, 2017, 07:49:14 am
...Perhaps we've been over-stimulated by the dramatic.

Too true. Add me to the list of those who enjoy this photo, as well as your other ones from Lake Superior. I hope more are on the way.