Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on August 10, 2017, 11:01:22 am
-
I posted a shot from this point a couple months ago, but the light, she am a changin'. . .
-
Lovely. Is this your garden, Russ, or some public place?
Jeremy
-
Yes. This one works well, because that path very much invites you to explore that pasture beyond the trees, to go see the beauty and character of the place, and the way that the light falls, and therefore it invites you into the picture.
-
Thanks, Jeremy. Here's a picture of my front yard. My wife calls it the back yard because the garage and the street are on the other side of the house, but as far as I'm concerned, when I stand on the porch that runs the width of the house on this side, I'm looking out the front. I could have made this shot from the porch with a long lens, but I'd walked part way down the hill in front of the house when I made it. The first picture I posted is down the river to the right -- a bit out of sight from here.
It's gorgeous just after sunrise, though when I get back from a three mile walk in the morning I'm wringing wet. Later in the day it's way too hot and humid to do it. Another month or so and things will cool down a bit. I may start walking in the evening, with sun from the other side of the river.
And Oscar, thanks to you too. You posted just before I sent this one.
Street photography it ain't, but at least it's photography.
-
I just re-read what I wrote about this picture. I probably need to make it clear: It's not just MY front yard; it's the front yard for a bunch of people who face the river. This is a retirement community -- we call it "the park." You can see why. My wife and I are lucky enough to be on a plot -- almost a little peninsula -- that extends toward the river. It gives us an unrestricted view of what you see here, and a lot of privacy. I miss my mountains, but this will just have to do.