Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: chichornio on August 10, 2017, 10:50:29 am

Title: Better to have two HP z3200ps?
Post by: chichornio on August 10, 2017, 10:50:29 am
Hi to all! I have a very reliable HP Designjet z3200ps 44" wide since 2010 (was made in 2009). Never had a serious issue. Just changing the belt, cleaning the service station and replacing the cutter. I have the chance of getting another at a very good price. In working conditions. This one was made in May 2010. Is it worth to buy it as a second printer? I´m worried about supplies and parts, so having two z´s will help me to keep going on. Besides that, I work in Argentina, where is very hard to find parts. There are no many z3200 around. Any advice will be very welcome.
Title: Re: Better to have two HP z3200ps?
Post by: dandeliondigital on August 10, 2017, 08:28:04 pm
HI chichornio,
I'd say do it! You'd be able to share many parts, and consumables. I ended up keeping my HP Z3100PS after I got my HP Z3200 (both 44"PS models), and I can tell you it's been a good thing to have 2 machines!

Goo luck, and so long for now, Tom

PS: BTW, I did the belt replacement job on the HP Z 3100PS myself and was very confident, but when it came to fire up, it failed. I thought about letting it go, but then decided it would be good to keep it as a spare, so I had HP get it going. It took an HP tech more than 10 visits, and HP ended up replacing almost everything (not the belt though), before they got it working again. What an experience. Amazing to witness.
Title: Re: Better to have two HP z3200ps?
Post by: Mark Lindquist on August 11, 2017, 09:18:26 pm
Hi to all! I have a very reliable HP Designjet z3200ps 44" wide since 2010 (was made in 2009). Never had a serious issue. Just changing the belt, cleaning the service station and replacing the cutter. I have the chance of getting another at a very good price. In working conditions. This one was made in May 2010. Is it worth to buy it as a second printer? I´m worried about supplies and parts, so having two z´s will help me to keep going on. Besides that, I work in Argentina, where is very hard to find parts. There are no many z3200 around. Any advice will be very welcome.

I know what you mean about being covered for the future.  For that very reason I have 4 Z's and feel very good about having spare parts well into the future. 2 Z3200ps 44" printers are relatively new, and one is covered by a 5 year warranty so I'm good for at least another 4 years.  After that, I'm on my own I guess. If they are still making them, in 5 years time I'll probably buy another.  I think if you are doing the work yourself, it's probably a great opportunity for you, especially if it works.  I love being able to have different papers loaded in different printers - seems extravagant, but sure is great!
-Mark
Title: Re: Better to have two HP z3200ps?
Post by: dandeliondigital on August 18, 2017, 09:17:44 pm
Hi Mark,
I wish I had more space. I'd get another one for the same reasons.

Sadly, I don't print as much as I want to due to a deluge of other obligations, but after nearly 20 years of HP large format printing, I sure do hope HP keeps the Z printers going into the future!

So long for now, Tom
Title: Re: Better to have two HP z3200ps?
Post by: Mark Lindquist on August 19, 2017, 03:27:51 pm
Hi Mark,
I wish I had more space. I'd get another one for the same reasons.

Sadly, I don't print as much as I want to due to a deluge of other obligations, but after nearly 20 years of HP large format printing, I sure do hope HP keeps the Z printers going into the future!

So long for now, Tom

Hi Tom -
Good to hear from you - been a loooong time.  Yep, glad to hear you're still printing with your Z.
We all sure hope they're going to keep making them!
Cheers!

Mark