Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on August 08, 2017, 11:05:36 am

Title: Dawn Takes Center Stage
Post by: RSL on August 08, 2017, 11:05:36 am
.
Title: Re: Dawn Takes Center Stage
Post by: MattBurt on August 08, 2017, 12:12:39 pm
Nice light in this and some interesting little details. My primary criticism is that it's not straight. Otherwise, pretty nice!
Title: Re: Dawn Takes Center Stage
Post by: RSL on August 08, 2017, 12:31:12 pm
You're right, Matt. It was canted about 2 degrees to the right. Good eye. I didn't even notice it. Mea culpa. This better?
Title: Re: Dawn Takes Center Stage
Post by: MattBurt on August 08, 2017, 12:40:02 pm
Yes!
For whatever reason it seems easier to spot a tilt like that in others' work and overlook it in my own. I guess I get focused on whatever it is I'm happy with or wish was a little different that I sometimes miss the most basic issues.
Title: Re: Dawn Takes Center Stage
Post by: Farmer on August 08, 2017, 06:53:51 pm
Interesting - straightening does make quite a difference visually.  What the eye is used to and all that I guess.  I really like the almost-wreath of the leaves - nice focal point for me.
Title: Re: Dawn Takes Center Stage
Post by: James Clark on August 08, 2017, 09:11:00 pm
Nice light touch on the shadow detail.  Good job.
Title: Re: Dawn Takes Center Stage
Post by: mistymornings99 on August 09, 2017, 03:42:21 am
Really good spot of a perfectly lit, interesting detail.
Title: Re: Dawn Takes Center Stage
Post by: RSL on August 09, 2017, 09:10:09 am
Thanks all, and thanks to Matt especially. I can't believe I missed that. Looking at it now the difference it clear as a bell.