Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: RMW on August 06, 2017, 07:25:51 pm

Title: February on Blind River
Post by: RMW on August 06, 2017, 07:25:51 pm
From my little kayak.
Enjoy.
Richard
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 06, 2017, 07:47:09 pm
Lovely..!

Dave
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 06, 2017, 10:17:35 pm
Nicely framed. Lose the sign?
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 06, 2017, 10:27:21 pm
Nicely framed. Lose the sign?
+1 to both points.

Does the sign say "No photography allowed?"   ;)
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 07, 2017, 04:31:38 am
Very nice.
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: francois on August 07, 2017, 05:10:27 am
Very nice, very "wintery" light but I also agree with the "loose the sign" comments above.
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: graeme on August 07, 2017, 06:04:33 am
Very nice, very "wintery" light but I also agree with the "loose the sign" comments above.

+1
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: luxborealis on August 07, 2017, 08:16:26 am
Beautiful in colour with the subtle blue-green of the "moss". It also has the potential make an even better warm-toned black and white which just might accentuate the edges of side-lighting

And, yes, lose the sign.
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: RMW on August 07, 2017, 01:59:02 pm
Thank you all for your kind comments.
Not everyone likes these muted, leafless swamp fotos.
And I appreciate your comment on the sign.
About the sign: It says Wildlife Management Area. Since my aim is to document the wetlands of Louisiana I think I should keep it.
It's always a question for me whether to be realistic or aesthetic in the work.
Still figuring it out.
Richard


Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: luxborealis on August 09, 2017, 10:59:40 am
Totally acceptable reason for keeping the sign in, irrespective of my comments (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=119248.msg991873#msg991873) under Matt's photo.
Title: Re: February on Blind River
Post by: RMW on August 09, 2017, 11:27:25 am
Hi Terry,

Thank you for your comment. I find you to be one of the most informative and thoughtful contributors on LuLa.

Because I live in a world quickly disappearing (one acre every hour) I'm compelled to make as good a record of it for future generations as I can. That's why I feel the need to leave the sign in. But I also want to make the record as expressive as I possibly can so I strive for all the useful elements of good photographic design. Salgado is an example to me of someone who succeeds at this.

You and others on this website are true artists and altho that's not what I am, I'm constantly impressed and challenged by the beautiful work displayed on LuLa.

Hope you're having a pleasant August with lots of time for photography.

Richard