Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on August 05, 2017, 01:56:37 pm

Title: Summer orchids: Blc. Willette Wong "The Best"
Post by: Bob_B on August 05, 2017, 01:56:37 pm
Here's another one of my orchids currently in bloom. Blc. Willette Wong "The Best" is an old, award-winning hybrid that's been around for decades. The plant itself is huge, by orchid standards, and its flowers equally large. I'm guessing they're 11 or 12 cm (~ 5"), and certainly the biggest blooms in my collection. Although big and beautiful, the flowers are not fragrant. I have only recently obtained this plant, so I can't say much else, save that it sure is pretty. I hope you'll agree.

Thank you for viewing. C&C welcomed.

Best wishes,

    Bob
Title: Re: Summer orchids: Blc. Willette Wong "The Best"
Post by: Jay Kaplan on August 06, 2017, 10:56:24 am
Lovely

Makes think about the big Orchid show earlier this year up at Longwood Gardens.

Jay
Title: Re: Summer orchids: Blc. Willette Wong "The Best"
Post by: Bob_B on August 06, 2017, 06:11:34 pm
Thanks Jay.
Title: Re: Summer orchids: Blc. Willette Wong "The Best"
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 07, 2017, 04:34:02 am
Wonderful colours, standing out in a dark background.
Title: Re: Summer orchids: Blc. Willette Wong "The Best"
Post by: Bob_B on August 07, 2017, 07:57:18 am
Hi Paulo: I appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.