Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on August 04, 2017, 04:03:50 am

Title: Moonset
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 04, 2017, 04:03:50 am
During a star trail session in SW Portugal.

Regards.
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: thierrylegros396 on August 04, 2017, 06:58:04 am
I like both, I prefer the 1st, but cannot explain why.

Thierry
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: John Cothron on August 04, 2017, 07:34:49 am
I like both, I prefer the 1st, but cannot explain why.

Thierry

Agreed, although I think I like the first because of the reflection in the foreground.
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: Farmer on August 04, 2017, 07:39:14 am
Agreed, although I think I like the first because of the reflection in the foreground.

+1
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: francois on August 04, 2017, 07:42:37 am
I like both but the light in the first one is a bit more mysterious.
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: luxborealis on August 04, 2017, 09:01:26 am
Nice work, Paulo.

I'm curious about the exposure settings and if you used any filters.
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 04, 2017, 09:11:25 am
Nice work, Paulo.

I'm curious about the exposure settings and if you used any filters.

Thanks everyone. I also prefer #1, because it conveys more "darkness" and because it feels monochromatic.

As for the exposure settings:

#1 f4, 15 sec, ISO 800

#2 f2.8, 30 sec, ISO 1600

Shot on A7 with Tokina Firin 20 f2.
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: Telecaster on August 04, 2017, 03:59:10 pm
#1 does it for me too. #2 is fine as is but might work better with a ~16:9 crop to remove some of the foreground.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Moonset
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 06, 2017, 10:16:12 pm
I like these, Paulo.