Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: graeme on August 03, 2017, 10:22:57 pm

Title: Outside 12112013
Post by: graeme on August 03, 2017, 10:22:57 pm
One of my 'not indoors' shots. Comments welcomed.
Title: Re: Outside 12112013
Post by: JNB_Rare on August 06, 2017, 08:55:28 am
I think it needs some scale – at least an 11 x 14" print; it's hard to fully appreciate at this screen size. There's a lot going on in this shot, but it works very well for me. I can "walk in to it", moving from foreground to background, from detail to detail. It's one of those shots that I can come back to again and again. I like the processing very much.
Title: Re: Outside 12112013
Post by: brandtb on August 06, 2017, 09:12:36 am
Nice composition of stonework pieces and the trees and their shape/geometry -  and the varying elements/planes of lights and darks etc in the processing
Title: Re: Outside 12112013
Post by: graeme on August 07, 2017, 11:55:56 am
Thanks for the comments.

JNB, you're dead right about the scale thing: Most of my images are interior shots which tend to look good as small prints, usually on A5 ( roughly 6 x 8" ) with an 18mm ( 3/4" ) border. I printed this image out at that size & it doesn't really work. I'll be trying a larger version.