Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: hacimd on August 03, 2017, 01:21:35 pm

Title: issue making a long print on Hahnemuhle Rice Paper
Post by: hacimd on August 03, 2017, 01:21:35 pm
I had an issue trying to print a very long print (13 ft x 36 in) on Hahnemuhle Rice Paper using an Epson 9900.  The file is grey scale, low res and closer to a graphic than a photograph.  The print was going smoothly, but around 8-9 ft the paper began to pinch and caused a head strike.  I imagine a print that long would cause the paper to skew off the roll overtime and because of how thin the material is, pinch the paper.  I'm wondering how likely this would happen if I tried to run the print again?  I had the platen gap set to narrow and high speed OFF.  What if I changed platen gap to 'normal' or 'wide' ?  Curious if people think that would help.  Expensive mistake.  Thanks
Title: Re: issue making a long print on Hahnemuhle Rice Paper
Post by: hacimd on August 03, 2017, 01:31:16 pm
Just had a thought.  What if I increased the amount of paper suction on the printer?
Title: Re: issue making a long print on Hahnemuhle Rice Paper
Post by: traderjay on August 04, 2017, 02:26:11 pm
Where does the pinching occur? At the entry or exit point of the paper path?