Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 02, 2017, 10:21:56 am
-
This weird and wonderful thing (should I call it graphic or a composite perhaps?) seems to work both vertically and horizontally.
But either way, spend a few minutes looking into this image at full screen, as it will quickly draw you deeply into itself, until you will start to see all sorts of weird creatures and intricate details, as well as scary monsters and even an evil looking feline alien type creature etc.
Thoughts please?
Enjoy :D
Dave
-
The horizontal version is a masterpiece!
-
This weird and wonderful thing (should I call it graphic or a composite perhaps?) seems to work both vertically and horizontally.
But either way, spend a few minutes looking into this image at full screen, as it will quickly draw you deeply into itself, until you will start to see all sorts of weird creatures and intricate details, as well as scary monsters and even an evil looking feline alien type creature etc.
Thoughts please?
Nice one, Dave. For the full JU homage image, I think you should integrate a nude into the scene.
Jim
-
The horizontal version is a masterpiece!
+1
-
Thanks everyone, it's not everyday that I get told that one of my images is a masterpiece *does a little happy dance*, so thank you once again and I am so glad you have all enjoyed looking at it.
Jim I think my wife would not be happy for me to start shooting pictures of naked young ladies - hang on I'll check.....
No, I am not allowed to do this I am told, or even think about it apparently, so sorry Jim, no can do :(
regards
Dave ;)
-
Too bad about the naked ladies not working out but regardless these are pretty neat. Lots of little interesting patterns that become all sorts of things. Nice job.
-
Thoughts please?
I like #2 the most but neither remind me of Uelsman's work.
-
Agree that the landscape version is a good 'un! I can get the Uelsmann influence even if rather than a copy your photo is your own thing. :)
-Dave-
-
I agree. I like the pictures but I don't see the connection with Jerry's stuff.
-
I agree. I like the pictures but I don't see the connection with Jerry's stuff.
I just thought that the vertical version had something about it that reminds me of this shot, you know with the sinewy roots leading up to something that cannot be real type of thing
Jerry Uelsmann Untitled (Tree House), 1982 (http://www.catherinecouturier.com/assets/images/artists/Jerry%20Uelsmann/untitled_1982%20copy.jpg)
(http://www.catherinecouturier.com/assets/images/artists/Jerry%20Uelsmann/untitled_1982%20copy.jpg)
In my mind there seemed to be a link, or at least perhaps a glancing reference to Jerry's work.
regards
Dave
-
Great shot, Dave. I'd suggest simply not telling the wife about the naked young ladies. Just do it.
-
Women have a weird sense of judgement if they prefer you to see scary little alien monsters over the appreciation of the female body!?
Maybe they aren't that far apart after all...
-
Women have a weird sense of judgement if they prefer you to see scary little alien monsters over the appreciation of the female body!?
Maybe they aren't that far apart after all...
Women have very logical minds and so do men, it's just that these two variations of logic are often completely alien and untranslatable to each other. A bit like the statement "I can't wear that dress again to this event, as I wore it three years ago and people will remember." Which is the type of statement that is totally alien to us men, yet is also what I believe makes women so endearing to us all and I am sure the reverse is also true.
So it's probably the fact that we can never really expect to fully understand the female thought process, that makes us love them so much and again I am sure the reverse is also just as true.
Dave
-
I just thought that the vertical version had something about it that reminds me of this shot, you know with the sinewy roots leading up to something that cannot be real type of thing
In my mind there seemed to be a link, or at least perhaps a glancing reference to Jerry's work.
regards
Dave
I see what you're seeing, Dave, but I think the point of Jerry's picture is the unreality of the structure in the middle of a normal small town.
-
Thoughts please?
Enjoy :D
Dave
Absolutely wonderful.
I wouldn't have thought about Uelsmann, but I suppose each of us has our own set of visual knowledge/experiences/associations upon which we draw. Your image reminds me of a photographer I met online about 13 years ago, who was creating something he called 'photographic mandalas'. Anyway, he inspired me to experiment with one of my photos in 2005 (I had only started digitally processing a year before, so everything was still experimentation at that point). Compared to your image, mine is somewhat unsophisticated, but I was pleased at the time that a First Nations friend (aboriginal or Indian, perhaps, to the non-Canadians) loved it and wanted a print.
-
They're both bewitching.
Jeremy
-
Agreed, fabulous, but what the hell (pun intended) is that!?
-
Looks like tree root folded a couple times.
-
My image is just a small stream running across the beach at low tide, replicated and mirrored as per the techique often used by Jerry Uelsmann. The darker areas are just dried bits of seaweed.
Absolutely wonderful.
I wouldn't have thought about Uelsmann, but I suppose each of us has our own set of visual knowledge/experiences/associations upon which we draw. Your image reminds me of a photographer I met online about 13 years ago, who was creating something he called 'photographic mandalas'. Anyway, he inspired me to experiment with one of my photos in 2005 (I had only started digitally processing a year before, so everything was still experimentation at that point). Compared to your image, mine is somewhat unsophisticated, but I was pleased at the time that a First Nations friend (aboriginal or Indian, perhaps, to the non-Canadians) loved it and wanted a print.
That is really nice work you have there and I can see why people wanted to buy it.
Dave :)
-
I love it; particularly the horizontal version.