Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Josh-H on August 25, 2006, 08:25:57 am

Title: Manfrotto 490RC4 MAXI Ball Head W/RC4 R.C.SYST.
Post by: Josh-H on August 25, 2006, 08:25:57 am
I need a new Ball head - I was looking at the Arca Swiss - but they seem rather expensive compared to other options.

Arca Swiss B1 with a Sidekick is a small mortgage  

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfro...&lsf=81&child=2 (http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/2310?livid=80|81&lsf=81&child=2)

The above Manfrotto looks nice for the money?

For use with 5D and up to 400mm F4 DO.

Dont want anything to heavy.. and I think the manfrotto wouild probably do the job but would welcome any input.
Title: Manfrotto 490RC4 MAXI Ball Head W/RC4 R.C.SYST.
Post by: jani on August 25, 2006, 04:57:08 pm
Is $375 plus shipping also too expensive?

If not, try the RRS BH-40 LR (http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/ballheads/index.html), which is compatible with Arca-Swiss style plates.

(You need to select the BH-40 LR from the right hand menu; direct linking is ... impractical.)