Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: traderjay on July 31, 2017, 12:30:31 pm

Title: Watch the the Pro 1000 in action with lid open that sounds like jet engine
Post by: traderjay on July 31, 2017, 12:30:31 pm
I think the humble inkjet photo printer is one of the most precise and complex piece of equipment to grace our homes. I decided to "unlid" the Pro 1000 to see how it works when printing a typical photo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHTfU5EMME&t=2s

Few observations:

- At the 30 second mark, I believe the printer is checking for paper skew with the built in sensor

- The jet engine sound is actually the vacuum feeding system to keeps the paper perfectly flat while printing

- This is critical as I am using a very thin Japanese Kozo paper (43 gsm) that isn't perfectly flat especially at the edges.

- At the 4:50 mark you can see the end of the paper that left the roller. If there is no vacuum feed system a head strike will occur.
Title: Re: Watch the the Pro 1000 in action with lid open that sounds like jet engine
Post by: paulbk on July 31, 2017, 07:03:24 pm
I have one, and I love it. Nine months, not heavy use, no clogs. None.
Finished prints look fantastic.