Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on July 30, 2017, 01:52:40 am

Title: Portrait of Ruth
Post by: BobDavid on July 30, 2017, 01:52:40 am
CCTV with 1-bit video capture setup, 512 X 512 resolution (4-up mosaic) Macintosh Plus computer, Macpaint editing program, Imagewriter II dot matrix output device, Ca. 1987
Title: Re: Portrait of Ruth
Post by: GrahamBy on July 30, 2017, 08:57:51 am
Resolution is not all :)
Title: Re: Portrait of Ruth
Post by: RSL on July 30, 2017, 10:37:47 am
It's an interesting shot, Bob.
Title: Re: Portrait of Ruth
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 02, 2017, 01:53:03 pm
You never fail to surprise, Bob.
Title: Re: Portrait of Ruth
Post by: MattBurt on August 02, 2017, 03:26:34 pm
Nice, I remember being wowed by that very same hardware and those nice low res portraits they included as sample images.
Nice tech throwback and still an interesting image!
Title: Re: Portrait of Ruth
Post by: RSL on August 02, 2017, 03:38:01 pm
The expression on the girl's face reminds me of a shot by Joe McNally in which his model is in a sleazy motel room looking out a rainy window. His main light was a speedlight across the parking lot and the result is memorable.
Title: Re: Portrait of Ruth
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 03, 2017, 05:34:11 am
Yes I like it, I like it a lot.

Don't know whether it's my Photoshop addled mind, but I can't help wondering what it would look like merged together seamlessly into a single image?

But all I can really say is that I like it, a lot.

Dave
Title: Re: Portrait of Ruth
Post by: graeme on August 03, 2017, 07:04:12 am
What a fascinating face to draw or photograph.