Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on July 28, 2017, 10:40:51 pm

Title: Portrait of a Black Bellied Whistling Duck
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 28, 2017, 10:40:51 pm
I always see these guys either flying and meeping like a dog's squeeze toy, or sitting in a tree. I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the water :-)
Title: Re: Portrait of a Black Bellied Whistling Duck
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 29, 2017, 03:30:57 am
A fine portrait. (S)he must be delighted.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Portrait of a Black Bellied Whistling Duck
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 29, 2017, 07:07:43 am
Only they know the him's from the her's as they both are pretty much identical and this is the case with many of the wading waterfowl. I think there was a bit of showmanship to this one as he gave me four different looks from about 25 feet away. Given they are as skittish as a Wood Duck or Kingfisher when it comes to humans, I just have to think he was a poser.  ;)

This is what I generally see when shooting the Black Bellies
Title: Re: Portrait of a Black Bellied Whistling Duck
Post by: JKoerner007 on July 29, 2017, 12:41:23 pm
A fine portrait. (S)he must be delighted.

+1
Title: Re: Portrait of a Black Bellied Whistling Duck
Post by: Larry Heath on August 03, 2017, 04:09:03 pm
They do actually get in the water, well sort of.

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4336/35547727073_47e658f4da_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/WaeoN6)_DSC1601.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/WaeoN6)

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4423/35547726093_bed58da6f6_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Waeovc)_DSC1564.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Waeovc)

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4356/35547724623_8bd5aabc0d_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Waeo4R)_DSC1523.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Waeo4R)

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4345/36187514022_8145019457_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/X8Ltay)_DSC1518.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/X8Ltay)

Later Larry