Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: graeme on July 26, 2017, 06:13:12 pm

Title: More from Nostell Priory
Post by: graeme on July 26, 2017, 06:13:12 pm
Four more from Nostell Priory, two downstairs, two upstairs.
Title: Re: More from Nostell Priory
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 28, 2017, 03:56:39 am
I like the third in particular. Your b&w conversions are very well done, with more restraint than I can usually muster.

Jeremy
Title: Re: More from Nostell Priory
Post by: brandtb on July 28, 2017, 07:34:06 am
Very nice group that first three - subjects, framing and processing. I don't think the last image has "substance/quality" of the others
Title: Re: More from Nostell Priory
Post by: Bob_B on July 28, 2017, 10:24:54 am
...Your b&w conversions are very well done, with more restraint than I can usually muster. Jeremy

+1; amazingly effective processing.
Title: Re: More from Nostell Priory
Post by: graeme on July 28, 2017, 06:31:22 pm
Thanks for the comments.

I haven't been doing anything particularly fancy with the BW sliders in Lightroom. The look of the images probably has more to do with negative clarity, boosted contrast & dehaze. There's also a serious amount of noise reduction going on as the shots were taken hand held in low light & my 60D isn't exactly a high ISO hero. They look OK as small prints which is the right scale for images like these.

Brandt, you're right about the last image - I got seduced by the dramatic lighting.