Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on July 25, 2017, 03:33:27 pm

Title: upper wain wath force
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 25, 2017, 03:33:27 pm
Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: upper wain wath force
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 25, 2017, 04:49:28 pm
Hi Jeremy,

Lots of light in this shot Jeremy and that is a good thing.

Can I ask you what is the subject of this image and what is it that you are trying to say?

Not trying to be funny here or anything, but sometimes having a real purpose and point of focus, can give a narrative to an image. Your tree shot discussed previously for instance, the shot was about the tree or perhaps the tree within its landscape, but what did you want the narrative within this shot to be about?

Still, as I said above, I really like the light in this image, as it makes it bright and cheerful, but is that enough I wonder?

Dave
Title: Re: upper wain wath force
Post by: Farmer on July 25, 2017, 10:43:25 pm
The leading rocks, the overall balance of light and colour - I really like it.  The light coloured bubbles/froth in the bottom left, though, I find distracting and I think that maybe goes a little toward what Dave is saying because it takes away from nailing down a subject, which I feel is the waterfall and it's power (wider than normal to give it weight despite not being so high), that fades down to the calm, shallow water at the front.
Title: Re: upper wain wath force
Post by: francois on July 26, 2017, 08:01:27 am
With those rich colors, this looks very tropical. I like it a lot but share some concerns with Phil about the bubbles.