Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on July 24, 2017, 12:22:37 pm
-
I often try to make a good effort for my photo locations, hiking, biking, climbing, or somehow finding a spot that isn't easy to get to or the same one everyone else shoots from. But on Saturday I was driving to get up high and sleep in preparation for a Sunday morning summit and I just had to stop for a roadside shot.
This is Tomichi Creek and the streaks in the sky were fast-moving swallows feasting on bugs (that were also feasting on me).
Looking East
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4328/35951251862_51558200be_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/WLTyE3)IMGP6276-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/WLTyE3) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Looking West
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4330/35951254932_4d64536f81_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/WLTzyY)IMGP6289-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/WLTzyY) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
-
I like both, but I am confused. Why is the sky brighter to the east while looking west the sky is darker? In any event, they are still very nice.
-
Nice pair.
-
I like both, but I am confused. Why is the sky brighter to the east while looking west the sky is darker? In any event, they are still very nice.
Thanks. They were taken a few minutes apart and the dynamic range was much bigger looking West so I shot that one as a HDR to preserve detail in the shadows without blowing out (much of) the sky.
Nice pair.
Thanks!