Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on July 24, 2017, 04:08:39 am

Title: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 24, 2017, 04:08:39 am
Very early in the morning, in Milfontes, SW Portugal.

Regards.
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: Farmer on July 24, 2017, 04:22:14 am
The first one is literally bursting with colour - it's fantastic!

The second is an amazing palette - I desperately want to see more left and right but I'll take what's on offer.  So nice - thanks for sharing!
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 24, 2017, 07:42:34 am
The second photograph is beautiful.
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: nma on July 24, 2017, 09:21:27 am
I like #2
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: degrub on July 24, 2017, 09:40:03 am
#2 reminds me of "from here to eternity".
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: francois on July 24, 2017, 10:45:47 am
I like both with the first one being like a rainbow (for its colors). The very quiet/calm mood of the second one is a perfect counterpart to the first one.
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 24, 2017, 10:55:15 am
Thanks for the feedback. At the time, I was hoping to get also the scene in #1 with some more blue light, but then someone decided to turn off the public lights:)

After sunrise the light was not really interesting, as the sky was cloudy and somewhat drab, see below.
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: thierrylegros396 on July 24, 2017, 11:13:19 am
The second photograph is beautiful.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: MattBurt on July 24, 2017, 12:09:16 pm
I'm also a fan of #2. Minimal comp with an attractive color palette works well.
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: churly on July 27, 2017, 03:30:00 pm
These are both nice.  You definitely caught the blue hour.
Title: Re: Pre-dawn and blue hour
Post by: JKoerner007 on July 28, 2017, 08:47:23 pm
Nice images, Paulo, thanks for sharing.