Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on June 30, 2017, 02:27:05 pm

Title: trickle
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 30, 2017, 02:27:05 pm
Laide Woods. Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: trickle
Post by: Farmer on June 30, 2017, 07:16:56 pm
I love the palette, and the effect of the normally soft-looking, flowing water that instead has some grain or sharpness to it.  Overall, though, the interest is entirely in the water and the rocks and the surrounding land isn't very interesting to me, but it's not easy to see how it would be cropped and without some sort of border the water and rocks might seem odd.
Title: Re: trickle
Post by: luxborealis on July 01, 2017, 12:32:04 am
Good movement provided by the brook, but the flat, uniform lighting doesn't help. Try adding a subtle grad mask top right and bottom left to help give the photo some "shape".

Also, the tones just seem "off". At first I thought "HDR", then I thought it was the goat lighting, but I can't quite out my finger on it. It seems like a faded, but not yellowed, colour print.