Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on June 19, 2017, 11:41:11 am
-
Sligachan bridge in Isle of Skye.
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4235/34535828544_39bc90b315_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/UBP9BJ)
-
You were there!
-
It's a pleasant scene. I feel you could do more with the sky.
Jeremy
-
It's a pleasant scene. I feel you could do more with the sky.
Jeremy
Yes, it wants one of Jeremy's brooding skies.
Very nice otherwise.
Eric
-
Agreed on the sky. Lots of tonality there, just waiting to be extracted.
-
I like the composition of the bridge and the hill.
-
Thanks for the comments.
Yes the sky wasn't dramatic enough, I did the original on my laptop and found it hard to darken the sky without it affecting the mountains, but now I'm back on my desktop I had another go.
Here's the updated version.
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4254/35278181362_584c34aa3a_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/VKpUff)
-
Much better.
-
Much better.
Yes, much.
Jeremy
-
Really nice shot you have there Paul, you must have been here after some rain, because the river Sligachan is really only a run off from the adjacent Cuillins and so can often be fairly dry, but looks really good straight after a good downpour, which we get plenty of.
Can I suggest you also think about cloning out the white mast in the left distance, or darken it down considerably, I know it's only small, but it is a bit too bright, so it seems to draw the eye towards it.
I have spent many happy hours wandering around this area with my camera, after all it is only around 25 minutes from where I live.
Hope you enjoyed your time and your photography on our lovely Island :)
Dave
-
Really nice shot you have there Paul, you must have been here after some rain, because the river Sligachan is really only a run off from the adjacent Cuillins and so can often be fairly dry, but looks really good straight after a good downpour, which we get plenty of.
Can I suggest you also think about cloning out the white mast in the left distance, or darken it down considerably, I know it's only small, but it is a bit too bright, so it seems to draw the eye towards it.
I have spent many happy hours wandering around this area with my camera, after all it is only around 25 minutes from where I live.
Hope you enjoyed your time and your photography on our lovely Island :)
Dave
Thanks for the comments Dave, it was raining the whole 3 days we were there on and off so I'm not surprised there is so much water.
We had a great time anyway, it's about the third time I've been, lovely place but it's getting very popular now and is very busy with tourists.
-
Thanks for the comments Dave, it was raining the whole 3 days we were there on and off so I'm not surprised there is so much water.
We had a great time anyway, it's about the third time I've been, lovely place but it's getting very popular now and is very busy with tourists.
Yes the best time to be here for photography is towards the end of September through to the middle of May, you can pretty much have the whole place to yourself then. Also as there are lots of small winding single track roads with passing places on the island, which those city folks just don't seem to get the hang of and try to drive like they're fighting their way through the city at rush hour, means you don't need much traffic for it to get snarled up and seem busy, especially when you throw in a few camper vans with novice drivers into the mix.
Dave