Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on June 19, 2017, 10:43:11 am
-
This species of spider is a frequent web spinner in my gardens and around my house in the summer months. It's about 1.5 cm from tip to tip of its legs. I don't think I've ever seen its dorsal side, but the ventral view is great, with an unusual glowing yellow abdominal patch.
Thanks for viewing. C&C welcomed.
Bob
-
Nice catch Bob, hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight... ;)
Kevin in CT
-
Nice.
Perhaps orienting the composition so that the rear of the spider was higher, with more space between the front legs and the edge, with less space between the rear and the edge?
-
Thanks Kevin.
Nice.
Perhaps orienting the composition so that the rear of the spider was higher, with more space between the front legs and the edge, with less space between the rear and the edge?
Thanks Jack. Yes, but that will require another set of photos, once the rain stops (sigh).
-
Looks a bit too centred. But it is so striking that is still wonderful.
JR
-
Good catch.
-
Looks a bit too centred. But it is so striking that is still wonderful.
Thanks John. Yes, I agree with you. It probably would be improved with a shift off center; however, this was the sharpest one with all the spider in the frame. So, next time... lol. I may see about cropping a little off the right side. We'll see.
Good catch.
Thanks Paulo. I appreciate your comment.
-
Perhaps orienting the composition so that the rear of the spider was higher, with more space between the front legs and the edge, with less space between the rear and the edge?
Here's a photo along the lines you've described:
-
That makes a much more interesting composition, even though the web doesn't show as much.