Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on June 17, 2017, 07:54:38 pm

Title: Florida Back Roads
Post by: RSL on June 17, 2017, 07:54:38 pm
Small town livin'.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 17, 2017, 11:47:53 pm
I'm jealous. I never had that many big toy trucks to play with when I was a kid.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: BobDavid on June 18, 2017, 02:13:14 am
I love it. FYI, my wife and I are preparing to move to CO. It'll be an interesting to see what catches my eye at higher altitudes.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 18, 2017, 08:49:58 am
I love it. FYI, my wife and I are preparing to move to CO. It'll be an interesting to see what catches my eye at higher altitudes.
There aren't many picturesque ocean beaches in Colorado, but there is lots else.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: RSL on June 18, 2017, 09:44:09 am
I love it. FYI, my wife and I are preparing to move to CO. It'll be an interesting to see what catches my eye at higher altitudes.

Where you going in Colorado, Bob? I lived in Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs for 52 years (with a year out for a trip to Thailand). I shot a lot of pictures in the area, and on trips around the state and surrounding states. You can see the results at http://www.russ-lewis.com/photo_gallery/selector.html.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: MattBurt on June 22, 2017, 12:19:52 pm
We may not have ocean beaches, but we do have beaches (when the water isn't too high). The largest body of water in Co is about 10 Miles from my house.
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5510/31025852102_e19931be14_z.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/PgDAUw)IMGP5984-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/PgDAUw) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: RSL on June 22, 2017, 03:02:27 pm
Looks even worse than last time I saw it, Matt.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: MattBurt on June 22, 2017, 03:55:41 pm
Looks even worse than last time I saw it, Matt.

Because of low water? It's actually very full now but they lowered it in the spring when I took this to make room the big melt.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: RSL on June 22, 2017, 04:04:39 pm
That's good news, Matt. I hope this year's melt will bring it all the way up.
Title: Re: Florida Back Roads
Post by: MattBurt on June 22, 2017, 04:14:53 pm
That's good news, Matt. I hope this year's melt will bring it all the way up.

I think it will. Water is so high on the river that multiple events from this weekend's whitewater festival have been cancelled due to dangerously high water!