Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: nma on June 16, 2017, 10:09:23 pm
-
Lithified cliffs, Kauai.
Thoughts?
(https://photos.smugmug.com/Kauai-favoritesd-2017/i-Vphw7zc/0/7df4fb26/X2/_1260561-HDR-Edit-Edit-2-X2.jpg)
-
Nicely done, good composition and processed for a strong natural look.
-
Beautiful. Love the turquoise accent in the forming wave.
-
It ticks all the technical boxes, is well-composed with movement around the scene and it was made during the "golden hours". What it lacks is an emotional connection. It explains everything and leaves little to the imagination. Not every photo will have these elusive and difficult-to-define qualities, but they are pretty much a pre-requisite for photographs destined for "the wall".
-
Nice sky, banal and too-bright foreground.
-
Tough crowd:)
I like the photo, a lot, since it takes me into the location. I also like coastal photography a lot, and this image ticks a lot of boxes for me.
-
It is nice to have criticism. One must accept that all criticism is not praise. Lux has explained his critique; no emotional connection. Well, I agree to some extent; but the viewer must also be receptive to the scene which I thought might appeal to some.