Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ahphoto on June 15, 2017, 12:50:45 pm
-
(1) I am trying to print from Photoshop CC(2017) to my Epson 9890(driver V.9.33) + latest firmware under OS 10.10.5.
(2) I am trying to print an A1 image (23" x 33") on to a 36" roll of paper. Each time I try printing, the printer will only print a small section in the middle of the A1 area! as if I had drawn a rectangle in the middle of the image and then selected 'print selected area'.
This does not happen with Lightroom CC (2015.10) release.
I have tried reverting to a previous version of Photoshop but the same thing happens.
I am wondering if this is an Adobe issue or a Epson Driver issue?
Any Ideas?
-
The most common cause of what you describe is transposing the width and height setting when creating a custom paper size. Often people enter dimensions of the print based on the image, rather than entering width of the paper itself. When printing a vertical image, they will enter the final desired “width” of the print. The printer needs to know how wide the paper is. Then to make things a little more challenging, you have to print the image as “landscape” orientation, since that what it is relative to the paper size being put in.
Lr seems to manage it’s way around this some of the time. Not sure why, but perhaps there’s a little logic built into the print module.
-
Thanks Wayne, I am careful about selecting the paper width etc so I don't think that is the issue. I have been using Epson printers for years and have never encountered this problem before. Very curious.
-
Is PS CC at the most recent release (2017.1.1)?
You've tried printing this same image at this same size in Lightroom without any problems?
-
Hi Ron,
Yes my Photoshop is the very latest version, and I have printed the same files from Lightroom with no problems and even from Preview. I am running OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite) not sure if that is the issue? maybe I should go to Sierra? This is a problem that seems to have inly happened recently the last month or so. I have tried everything I know ( Mac and Photoshop user for 20+years) and am stumped.
-
What are the pixel dimensions of the image?
-
Hi Phil,
The pixel dimensions are 8859 x 6850 , the printer will only print a section approx 4x5 ins in the middle of the paper no mater what I do.