Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: keithcooper on June 14, 2017, 02:57:59 pm
-
Yes, it comes in a big box - fortunately this guy helped me unpack it in the street and even helped carry it upstairs, where it now sits in the position recently vacated by my iPF8300.
As ever, if anyone has any specific questions, let me know. I'll write some set-up stuff and a few tests soon, but any full review will be a while ;-)
-
Yes, it comes in a big box - fortunately this guy helped me unpack it in the street and even helped carry it upstairs, where it now sits in the position recently vacated by my iPF8300.
As ever, if anyone has any specific questions, let me know. I'll write some set-up stuff and a few tests soon, but any full review will be a while ;-)
Congrats . . .
I brought mine home in my Subaru Forester! There was "just enough" room in the back for the box w/ the rear seats folded flat, once we had it off of the pallet . A couple of friends helped me get it unloaded and into the house. I regret not taking a photo!
Rand
-
One question, Keith.
An Epson or Canon?
I know I could look it up but...you know...why not include the brand of printer in the title?
-
Since it has to go back to Epson UK at some point, we'll have to see how we get it out again ... the guy with the truck also kindly removed the pallet/box since the house management authority says we do not have storage facilities for huge boxes ;-)
It should be a bit easier to get out than the iPF8300, and the PRO-2000 that needed a full ink drain to get out of the kitchen...
-
One question, Keith.
An Epson or Canon?
I know I could look it up but...you know...why not include the brand of printer in the title?
Yes you could ;-)
...but given Mark's significant new review on LL I rather assumed that anyone interested in the printer would instantly know what it was :-)
-
Yes you could ;-)
...but given Mark's significant new review on LL I rather assumed that anyone interested in the printer would instantly know what it was :-)
I have to say I can be guilty of the same sin - maybe we should systematically grind-out the full detail of these names - manufacturers like that of course, too; but it's even more painful with papers, for which I'm sure the brand name developers sweat endless nights and days in committee meetings over what they are going to name the next marvelous finish they are putting on the market.
And yes, my "household management" has made more than one pointed comment about what we're going to do with the box in the guest room when the grandchildren come over for a sleep-over......oh well - just let them sleep in the box and like their grand-daddy become immersed in the world of Epson ..........:-) !
-
And yes, my "household management" has made more than one pointed comment about what we're going to do with the box in the guest room when the grandchildren come over for a sleep-over......oh well - just let them sleep in the box and like their grand-daddy become immersed in the world of Epson ..........:-) !
It might make a really great play house if the kids are small enough!
-
It might make a really great play house if the kids are small enough!
Only one of them is, and the box needs to be kept intact. But a creative idea nonetheless Alan :-).
-
Only one of them is, and the box needs to be kept intact. But a creative idea nonetheless Alan :-).
I laugh in the face of uncertainty! I cut the box up with a razor knife and recycled it. Probably doomed myself. ;D
Rand
-
I laugh in the face of uncertainty! I cut the box up with a razor knife and recycled it. Probably doomed myself. ;D
Rand
I kept my 3880 box in the attic for a couple of years and then recycled it. No way was I going to repack it and ship it anywhere!!
-
I kept the box my 4880 came in, then, when it suffered a failure, Epson sent me a replacement...and in a new box which was used to return the original unit. Finally, I cut up the original original.
Alan
-
I kept the box my 4880 came in, then, when it suffered a failure, Epson sent me a replacement...and in a new box which was used to return the original unit. Finally, I cut up the original original.
Alan
Alan, thanks for the info. Good to know.
Rand