Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: alexk3954 on June 12, 2017, 05:39:46 pm

Title: Hello / Echinopsis
Post by: alexk3954 on June 12, 2017, 05:39:46 pm
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum so I will just introduce myself quickly.  My name is Alex and I live in the eastern foothills of the Sierra Nevada in California.  I love exploring the mountains and have always brought along a camera.  About a year ago I decided to get more serious about my photography and to learn how to take more than simple snapshots.  I am grateful to have this website as a resource and I have learned a lot here.  I look forward to sharing my images with you all in the coming years.

Here is my first attempt at combining multiple exposures.  A total of 30 frames were combined to get sufficient depth of field. This is a bloom of a cactus (Echinopsis sp.) that only lasted for one day.

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4270/35140818241_90830ba54f_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/VxgSYz)20170522_Echinopsis_Final Edit_0001-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/VxgSYz) by Alex Kirsonis (https://www.flickr.com/photos/145078751@N07/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Hello / Echinopsis
Post by: NancyP on June 12, 2017, 07:13:06 pm
Lovely, and good editing job. Studio shot, or outdoors?
Title: Re: Hello / Echinopsis
Post by: alexk3954 on June 12, 2017, 07:31:40 pm
Thank you Nancy.  No, I do not mess around with studio lighting; I generally like to keep things simple when it comes to equipment.  This was taken outside on a very foggy morning so the light was very diffuse.
Title: Re: Hello / Echinopsis
Post by: JKoerner007 on June 12, 2017, 10:49:58 pm
Beautiful
Title: Re: Hello / Echinopsis
Post by: Miles on June 13, 2017, 09:33:37 am
Excellent job!  Nice way to start!
Title: Re: Hello / Echinopsis
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 13, 2017, 10:12:38 pm
Excellent job!  Nice way to start!

+1. Welcome!
Title: Re: Hello / Echinopsis
Post by: Cornfield on June 14, 2017, 04:04:32 am
Very well done.  You have set a high standard.
Title: Re: Hello / Echinopsis
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 14, 2017, 04:23:48 am
Excellent.